From:  Pat Healey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject:  Winning silver medal still has Comets on a high

Winning silver medal still has Comets on a high

BY PAT HEALEY
COLE HARBOUR, N.S. - Kylie Boudreau has yet to take her Eastern
Canadian Midget Girls silver medal off..

A day after her Cole Harbour Comets lost a 1-0, 12-inning heartbreaker
to the Palmerston Marlins of Ontario in the championship final
of the 2007 Tignish Credit Union Eastern Canadian championships,
Boudreau said bringing home silver is still a huge feat for the
squad.

“Our team worked very hard and we definitely stepped up our level
of play,” Boudreau said. "We expected to make it far but never
in our wildest dreams had we ever imagined accomplishing what
we did this weekend (winning silver).”

The Comets rode the arm of 16-year old sensation Holly Denny
through the four playoff games they had to play - including two
in a row just to make it to the championship. The final was their
third straight game.
Denny was up to the task, pitching 31 innings while striking
out 43 batters - she went 24 innings alone on Sunday with 33
batters fanned. It was Palmerston’s first game of the day after
advancing in a playoff win Saturday night.

“It was a tough loss and it was a very demanding game,” she added.
“I would love to see what the turnout would be if we had ever
played them again another day.”

Comets coach Steve Smith said the host province should also be
proud of their accomplishment.

“It was also nice to see Cornwall get the bronze and the Heat
finish fourth. I think that shows the caliber of players on P.E.I.
to finish 3rd and 4th against teams like we had here.”

Boudreau praised the volunteers at all three fields (two in Alberton
and the O'Leary diamond) and staff of the Alberton recreation
department.

“The experience was amazing and hats off to all of you for organizing
this and bearing down through the tough weather,” she added

 Al's Fastball News
*Email: fastball(at)pmihrm.com
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NEWS-1: http://www.AlsFastball.com/