From:  "Joe Todd" <ftode739(at)rogers.com>

Subject:  Wrap Up - Southwestern Ontario Challenge Cup - Innerkip,
Ontario

As the first day of fall appears today on the calendar on myway
home tonight, I noticed the leaves had already started to

Change color, some to a nice shade of Orange, and it was Ironic
that the two teamsin the Championship games

Of the Southwestern Ontario Challenge Cup both had Orange throughout
theiruniforms

The Championship game matched the Undefeated Host Team theInnerkip
Orioles against The Kitchener Outlaws

Last years Champions of the same tournament staged up in Hillsburgh,
Ontario

Kitchener Outlaws came the long route after losing theirsecond
game of the tournament then staged a remarkable

Comeback of 7 consecutive victories (5 on Sunday) to win theLaverne
Reichert Memorial Cup for the 2nd Consecutive

Year.

With the Victory , The Kitchener Outlaws have gained a berthin
the 2008 Tournament of Champions to be held in

Appleton, Wisconsin next August

Congratulations to the Tournament Finalist the Host Team ,The
Innerkip Orioles although they came up a game

Short for the weekend, they showed the balance of the ISC 11teams
in Ontariothat they do belong up in the

Upper echelon of the deuce program.   It isextremely tough for
a host team to be focused when they had to be

On the diamond and yet still be willing to chip in  at thefood
booth, the refreshment stand, and grab a rake when

Called upon as a back up Grounds crew,  A great job byManager
Coach Tim Wright and the complete Orioles team

For stepping up to the plate and being our host team for2007
assuming this task with only 5 short weeks to do

All the planning.  A huge Thank you from the ISC 11Staff for
putting on a great show.

What can I say about the Weekend, for the 3rd weekendin September,
we were blessed with three days around

The 25 @ Celsius for you American readers our day time highswere
in between 75 and 80  all weekend

To our Blue Crew, Led by UIC, Rob Deakin of Woodstock Thankyou
for a job well done , great to see

The 3 man system used in 4 of the 23 games played

To ISC Fellow Commissioner Blair Setford of Mississauga , who
assisted in a lot of thepreliminary planning

Before hand and then assisting in the relaying of the gamesummarys
in a very timely manner throughout

The whole tournament and for Al Doran again on being thevehicle
on which we all rely on for all of our Fastball News

To My Crew of Game Controllers Jim Marr, Laurie Fraser, andKyle
Smith, Thank you for being there

To support me.  The experienced crew kept the games onschedule
 and every little detail handled in a very

Professional manner

To the ScoreKeepers and the Announcers a Great Job, every summary
sheet was handed back to me

Within  about 5 minutes of the completion of the gameTo the Kitchener/Waterloo
group that came down

And assisted with the scoring a Big thank you not only fromme
, but also the host Chairperson Tim Wright

To the young gentlemen, who assisted in the Groundscrew  a great
job in keeping both  diamonds

In tip.top shape (Sorry I did not catch your name) but youwere
a big part of all of this

To the Wives/ Girlfriends and Family Members of the Orioleswho
manned the Food Booth and the Refreshment Stand

A big Thank you.  ( the Roast beef on the Bun onSaturday was
a Huge Hit)

To all the Media that helped in promoting of the SouthwesternOntarioChallenge
Cup Thank you

And finally to all the Fans and the Sponsors of the Tournament,Thank
you for keeping the game of Fastpitch

Alive and very vibrant still in the closing weeks of the2007
season in South Western Ontario

See you all in the Spring and have a Healthy off season

Joe Todd

ISC CanadaEast Commissioner

Ingersoll, Ontario

Ftode739(at)rogers.com