From: "Vancouver Grey Sox Fastpitch Softball Club"
<vancouverchallenge(at)hotmail.com>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Vancouver Grey Sox sign Mayson and Banner for 2006
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:21:48 -0800

Vancouver, BC

The Vancouver Grey Sox are pleased to announce the signings of Derek Mayson
and Brian Banner for the 2006 season.

Derek Mayson, a resident of North Vancouver, BC was the top batter at the
2005 Canadian Junior Nationals, before joining the Grey Sox as a pick-up
for the Senior Men's Nationals in St. Thomas, Ontario. Derek was very
steady in his first appearance at the Senior Nationals, where he landed a
spot in the heart of the batting order. Mayson, who is a pitcher along with
being an accomplished
infielder and dangerous hitter, is expected to provide depth and balance to
the 2006 Grey Sox squad.

Brian Banner, a resident of Victoria, BC, was a member of the 2005 Western
Canadian Senior B Champions, Victoria Central Nine.  In 2004 Banner suited
up with the Victoria Travellers Inn team. A catcher, Banner is also being
looked at to provide depth to the Grey Sox in the upcoming season.

Grey Sox Field Manager John Stuart commented on the signings: Adding young
quality players such as Derek Mayson and Brian Banner should improve our
team and give us more options for our lineup in 2006. I know both of these
young men quite well and have been impressed by their proven abilities,
commitment and passion for the game, and I look forward to having them with
our squad on a full-time basis next season.

Larry Kancs
President
Vancouver Grey Sox

From: "Vancouver Grey Sox Fastpitch Softball Club"