Mercedes, hasil wang rasuah dan sogokan.   Orang lain
di Jasin biar mampus tidak makan.

Pilihanraya Umum akan datang kita tipu lagi !!!

Friday, July 07, 2006
Of lies and spurned suitors

Leslie Andres and Farrah Naz Karim
New Straits Times

The verbal duel between the Customs Department and
Jasin MP Datuk Mohd Said Yusof continued yesterday
with more revelations being made.

Mohd Said described the statement by department deputy
director-general Datuk Mat Yusof Abdullah in
newspapers as "a lie", while the department claimed he
was acting like a spurned suitor on a personal
vendetta.

Mohd Said claimed "middlemen" were involved in selling
seized cars cheaply to people without going through
the open tender process.

He claimed a man had lodged a report at a police
station in Petaling Jaya, stating that he had been
offered a BMW at a cheap price by someone claiming to
be close to Customs officials.

"This man said he had paid the ‘middle man’ who later
died. So he wants to sue the man’s widow for the
money," Mohd Said said.

Mohd Said refused to lodge a report with the
Anti-Corruption Agency.

"Why should I? If they can investigate poison-pen
letters, why can’t they investigate now when I have
spoken in an official capacity. What I have said can
be found in the Hansard," he said yesterday.

Mohd Said had said last week that he had been offered
an opportunity to buy a seized vehicle but had been
shown cars in bad condition.

Mohd Said said he had been told that the car he was
interested in, a Mercedes Benz, had already been
booked by someone else. When asked why the vehicle had
yet to be collected, the Customs officer said that was
because the case was still pending in court

Mat Yusof said two days ago that Mohd Said’s claims
were untrue, and that he had been offered the Mercedes
Masterpiece.

Mohd Said said: "I went to see a new model of Mercedes
Benz, the CLK 200 Kompressor, but what they wanted to
sell me was a Masterpiece.

Meanwhile, Customs Prevention director Adnan Ariffin
said yesterday Mohd Said had his heart set on a
Mercedes Masterpiece (at the Wisma Kastam in Ayer
Keroh, Malacca), which had a reserve price of
RM40,000, although it had been taken up by a
government official.

Adnan said the department then offered him another
Mercedes Masterpiece, but Mohd Said rejected the
offer, insisting on the one he first saw.

"He is like a rejected suitor... after failing to get
the love he pursued, he goes all out to tarnish the
family’s name, in this case, the Customs."

Touching on comments by several MPs who questioned why
they were never offered "special car deals" by the
department, Adnan said they had to apply for it.

He reiterated that the department was not in the
business of selling cars.

Adnan said Mohd Said’s attacks against the department
indicated he was trying to "destroy Customs’
credibility and integrity".

In another broadside, Mohd Said said Customs officers
should not reply to his statements through the media,
but should instead reply to the ministry.

"What I said in Parliament was general in nature.

"If he (Mat Yusof) does not understand, I am willing
to teach him. His duty and responsibility is to give
the facts to the ministry, and let the ministry reply
to me as an MP," he told reporters at the MPs’ lounge
in Parliament

Meanwhile, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department
Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz defended Mohd Said, saying the
Customs Department should provide information
regarding the MP’s allegations to the Finance Ministry
to be answered in the Dewan Rakyat.

"They do not have the right to answer in the
newspapers. I don’t agree with the way the Customs is
going about it.

"It shows that he (Mat Yusof) does not understand the
way Parliament works. The YB asked the question in
Parliament, not through the newspapers," he said.

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/JcWolB/TM

Alternatif-Net : A Discussion Forum Focusing on Issues Related to Justice
            Forum Perbincangan Maya Yang Fokus Kepada Isu Keadilan

Disclaimer: Messages sent do not represent the stand of the Barisan Alternatif
(BA) unless otherwise stated

Complaint : Send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Sub    : Send blank e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Unsub  : Send blank e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links