When I run the "extract" command in amrecover, I get:

> extract_file_setup(): will request tape DailySet100 file 0.
> EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on myhostname.
> amrecover: short block 0 bytes
> UNKNOWN file
> amrecover: Can't read file header
> extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

Upon closer inspection of the debug file, I found:

> amrestore: seeking label DailySet100 file 0 config DailySet1.
> amtape: no tpchanger specified in
>"/usr/local/amanda-2.4.2p2/etc/amanda/DailySet1/amanda.conf"
> amrestore: couldn't locate tape `DailySet100'

My setup is that I have no tape changer, which has been
accounted for in my amanda.conf file:

> tapedev "/dev/nst0" # the no-rewind tape device to be used
> #runtapes 1   # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
> #tpchanger "chg-manual" # the tape-changer glue script
> #rawtapedev "/dev/null" # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
> #changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/changer"
> #changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
> #changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
> #changerdev "/dev/null"

So my questions are:
1. Is amrecover suppose to be running "amtape" if I have no
tape changer specified? When I run "amtape DailySet1 show",
I get:

> amtape: no tpchanger specified in
>"/usr/local/amanda-2.4.2p2/etc/amanda/DailySet1/amanda.conf"

2. How can I prevent amanda from stopping on this tpchanger
problem, isn't my configuration setup properly to not use a
tapechanger?

Marc - Sitepak