On Tuesday 23 April 2002 02:38 am, GIC MLs wrote:
>I would expect this to be a frequently asked question, but after
> looking through Google, I didn't see much specifically on it,
> so...
>
>My amdump email report starts out:
>
>These dumps were to tape daily001.
>The next tape Amanda expects to use is: daily001.

This in itself, is odd, very odd.  Your amanda.conf seems to be
out of whack somehow.
[snip]

>(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.2p2)

Was this an rpm installed version?
And whats an 'amcheck /config/' report?

>I'm not really sure where to start looking for answers here.
>Can anyone suggest a starting point?

Building your own from scratch has always worked here.  I have a
short script that I use for the ./configure step so that each
succeeding version remains compatible with the previous one by
having the exact same options each time, and I'm currently
running the 2.4.3b3-20020422 snapshot with a seagate changer.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M