From: Jonathan Murray [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 June 2002 15:25
To: Jonathan Murray
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: disk offline - runtar as root

It appears that the client isn't running runtar as root. Does anyone
know how to force the client to run runtar as root?

Thanks,

Jonathan Murray

from report:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
   borzoi     /dev/dsk/dks0d2s7 lev 0 FAILED [disk /dev/dsk/dks0d2s7
offline on borzoi?]
   borzoi     /dev/dsk/dks0d1s0 lev 0 FAILED [disk /dev/dsk/dks0d1s0
offline on borzoi?]

on client:

calculating for amname '/dev/dsk/dks0d2s7', dirname '/borzoi'
sendsize: getting size via gnutar for /dev/dsk/dks0d2s7 level 0
sendsize: missing exclude list file "/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar"
discarded
sendsize: spawning /usr/freeware/libexec/runtar in pipeline
sendsize: argument list: /usr/freeware/bin/tar --create --file /dev/null
--directory /borzoi --one-file-system --listed-incremental
/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/borzoi_dev_dsk_dks0d2s7_0.new --sparse
--ignore-failed-read --totals .
runtar: error [must be invoked by root]