On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 11:05 PM, John Hein <jh...@symmetricom.com> wrote:
> (Currently, I
> don't think the amanda client executes threaded code, but that may
> change in the future - or may have already in 3.1/3.2 code - Dustin?).

There is now a good bit of Perl running on the client side, but none
of it uses threads.  We haven't foresworn threads on the client,
though, so I would expect that to change eventually.

At some point, there were a few folks thinking about branching an
older version of Amanda like 2.5.2 to create a maintained "minimal
client" that could be installed quite widely, even if it didn't
support fancy features like the Application API.  I'm not sure what
happened to that particular project, but it could be a way around
problems with increasing client-side requirements.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com