On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I did, but that didn't give me a clue that the 'data' link to whatever
> had been deprecated and that for cleanliness, I should go around an nuke
> it.  No mention of it in the ChangeLog, I read it again early this morning
> from about the middle of July.

The new changer was added sometime before that.  YOU changed your
configuration to use it in August.  In retrospect, we should have
named it something different -- perhaps chg-vfs or the like -- to
avoid this confusion.  It's a completely reimplemented changer, and
isn't intended to reproduce every quirk of the old one.

That said, the new chg-disk *is* supposed to duplicate the data
symlink quirk, so I'll take a look at why it's not doing that.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com