On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Charles Curley
<charlescur...@charlescurley.com> wrote:
> It might be nice if the installation process not only made the directory
> but changed its ownership to the amanda user.

The only reason that Amanda references its home directory is for
.amandahosts, which is modeled on .rhosts (and you've all disabled
rhosts and telnet, right?), and for encryption keys (where gpg tends
to use $HOME unless instructed otherwise).  I consider both an
unfortunate legacy.

So I'm loathe to tread on territory that should belong to the system
itself.  That directory should be created and populated by useradd or
whatever utility you use to create the necessary user account.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com