On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:19 AM, Gunnarsson, Gunnar
<gunnar.gunnars...@svk.se> wrote:
> Good work releasing beta3. Few thing that come to my mind while testing
> amvault regarding slections of dumps.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding "come to mind", but these are all possible
now.  Have I failed to document these well enough?  Or are they not
working for you?

> - latest dump with --src-timestamp latest

Works fine.

> - all dumps without specifying --src-timestamp

Works fine.

> - parts by specifying dates eg. --src-timestamp 20100926-20101008

You can specify a range of *dump* timestamps (the dates the backups
were taken from the client) with a range in the <datestamp> parameter,
e.g.,

  amvault ... '*' '*' '0-9' '20100926-20101008'

There's no way to specify a range of write timestamps (the dates the
backups were written to secondary media).

> I would likte to select all but only the most recent version.

What does "most recent version" mean in this case?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com