One other comment about NN's ... Although they may have a clue what
they are doing, the algorithms that they develop based on the data
you feed them are for the most part hidden ... This makes utilization
of them roughly equivalent to using a black box ... imho, not a great
idea, but to each his/her own ...

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Neural Nets ... Possibly but I have yet to see anyone come out with
> product that generates a system that does well out of sample ...
> Dakota may be the exception, but because of things I've seen that
> particular organization do in the past it is not likely I'd ever
use
> one of their products.
>
> Intelligent Optimazation ... This is not a system writer ... In
> general it is a tool to allow problems that have enough variables
> that exhaustive search would not be feasible to be optimized.  IO,
> which I wrote utilizes Particle Swarm and a genetic algorithm,
> Differential Evolution to accomplish these tasks.  There are many
> other features that I think are important in this product i.e. the
> capabilities to perform automated walk forward testing and have
> intelligent optimization be driven or directed by the "sensitivity"
> of the parameter values.  There's a lot more to be said on this
> subject which I can't cover in a post ... I suggest you read the
doc
> that accompanies the file that TJ pointed at in the AB-TS Files
> section.  In answer to your question of whether or not having a
tool
> like this affects the bottom line ... My answer is, most
> definitely ... But as with all tools, it is about how you use them.
>
> --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, allansn@ wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Fred,
> >
> > All joking aside,I sincerely respect your knowledge.If I may
> ask,have you or anyone else found that the integration of nueral
> nets,A.I or "intelligent optimisation" to make a significant
> difference in the bottom line??
> >
> > I ask this as I am predomnantly a derivatives trader (dispersion)
> as well as long short equity,and most of our work is on the
> fundamental/statistical  side.
> >
> > When you say both are available to be run directly on AB,what
> exactly do you mean??
> > Does Ami have an add on tool,or are you referring to Biocomp
Dakota

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Allan

FULL