Steve, you have to calculate Beta over a specified number of days. You can
calculate it, e.g., over 20, 50 or 200 days - and the results are different,
of course. Another aspect is which index you are using for the calculation -
the Beta for, e.g., Microsoft calculated against the OEX is different from
the one calculated against the Nasdaq Composite. That's what Allan was
talking about.

A formula how to calculate Beta in AB can be found on
http://amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=157

Thomas

> Which Beta calculation are you comparing to. The periods that I use are
> after the close and don't put the numbers into a table till after 1800hrs
> central time USA.
>
>   Would you send me a copy of your explore and Indicator so I can verify
> that I have the correct one? There are 9 formulas in the library. Which one
> are you useing?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>             Steve,
>
>   I have checked and verified Amis beta calculation...Its good to go.More
> like likely than not,you are not matching up the time periods between Ami
> and MSN or you may be referencing a different benchmark
>
>   Allan

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

Yahoo! Groups Links