Hello Jim,

Do you mean the chart patterns from Bulkowskis encyclopedia (over 60
patterns)?

If you want to code them in AFL some have been done by Dmitiris
Tsokakis (Hello Dimitris, I hope the fish are jumping into your
boat)....from the AFL library.

Formula name: Pattern Recognition Exploration
Author/Uploader: Dimitris Tsokakis - tsokakis [at] oneway.gr
Date/Time added: 2001-09-03 14:03:35
Origin:
Level: medium
Flags: exploration

DISCLAIMER: Most formulas present in AFL on-line library are
submitted by the users and are provided here on an "as is" and "as
available" basis. AmiBroker.com makes no representations or
warranties of any kind to the contents or the operation of material
presented here. We do not maintain nor provide technical support for
3rd party formulas.

Download formula file  |  Delete formula

Paste the code in Automatic Analysis and Explore All Stocks for the
last date of your data.
In Results click twice a label , for example "a TR" and you will
collect all ascending Triangles marked with an "1".
This Exploration recognizes the following patterns:
+Ascending Wedges "aW"
+Descending Wedges "dW"
+ ascending Triangles "a TR"
+descending Triangles "d TR"
+ascending channel "a ll"
+descending channel "d ll"
+almost horizontal channel "ll"
+Converging Support and Resistance
+Diverging Support and Resistance
+N/A, ie examples not belonging to any above category.
You may decrease sensitivity, changing
per=3;
with another percentage higher than 3.
For Indicator Builder paste the code in Comments

It would be an interesting project to code all of the major patterns
(if it hasn't been done already).

There is also a formula there for identifying candle patterns by Top
Gun Herman van den Bergen....<candle exploration>

Converting candles to bar chart patterns would be another
interesting project.
I'll do both projects if I run out of things to do.

I haven't tried either of the formulas....I just noticed them there
the other day so passing it on to you.

BrianB2.

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "jwmc107" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there any AFL code to scan for Bulkowski's chart patterns and
> share with?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com