From: amibroker@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of RajeevM
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 05:40
To: Rick Miller; amibroker@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [amibroker] Re: TrendLine Scanning: Far from satisfactory

Yes I got it working

But one problem still exists.

while scanning in "Use Filter" if I select favourites + one more watch
list...
the results are much less, compared to when I just select favorites.

If you are asking for code, it is pretty simple.

ret = Study("RE", 1002);
Buy   = Cross(ret, C) OR Cross(C, ret);// :-) using OR to make sure I get an
alert whenever they cross each other.

if you need more lines do same for "SU"
or you can use any more 2 lettered names like "R1' "R2"..

Make sure you find your chart id.. which is 1002 in my case.

Two issues in this case.
1. Use filter not working proeprly. (or may be i am making mistake again,
not sure, you check)
2. Chart id is not a great idea for trend line scanning..
since I would like to have an alert whenever a line is cracked on a stock..
irrespective of which chart it was drawn on..
Technically I cant say its wrong.. but not great usage wise for me.

I think amibroker should come with more inbuilt stuff to support line
breakouts.
Its a huge idea which most traders use.

even then I love whatever is already present.

(again my view.. designer knows better)

regards
rajeev