From: amibroker@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of brpnw1
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 08:41
To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help Request: matching Industry ID's across
watchlists

Hi Terry,

Sorry, the attachments never made it to my email inbox for some
reason. If you could send to siddha [at] gmail [dot] com that would
be great!

Really all I need is an example of how to match the IndustryID's of
ticker symbols in one watchlist with those of another watchlist.

Any ideas?

Here is what I have so far...

varSymbolWatchList = GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, 6 );
varSymbolMatch = StrFind(varSymbolWatchList,IndustryID(1)); //
returns 0 if not found
varTopSectorMatch = IIf(varSymbolMatch>0,1,0);

Thanks,

Bman

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe the attached 3 AFL files will get you going.
>
> One creates composites of each industry.
> One displays those composites.
> One is a custom backtest procedure to show the IndustryID as a
column in the
> backtest results. It also includes displaying the actual price
from the OI
> column which you will need to delete unless you have CSI Data.
> --
> Terry
On Behalf
> Of brpnw1
> Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 00:40
> To: amibroker@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [amibroker] Help Request: matching Industry ID's across
watchlists

> I need help. If someone could post some example AFL code, that's
> probably all I will need.
>
> I am running an exploration that captures Industry Group Average
> ticker symbols (something that's proprietary to TC2007 data) that
> have generated a "buy" signal. It then puts the selected symbols
in
> their own "buy" watchlist. An example of an Industry Group Average
> ticker symbol is "MG412" -- the "412" is not associated in any way
> with the Industry ID for that Industry Group Average.
>
> I am then running an exploration that looks only at stocks
> associated with the same industry IDs of the Industry Group
Average