> Still doing it below $25K is very risky and CFDs are not allowed
>for US citizens I think.

All the rage in Aus and the UK - definitely not allowed for US
citizens e.g. Aus CFD 'brokers' have strict rules against accepting
accounts from US citizens - don't know how that flys now that the ASX
is the first exchange in the world to offer their own CFD's because
(theoretically) Aus brokers will accept accounts from US citizens, to
trade the ASX, where it is an unsolicited approach (it used to be the
same in the US - I had a US based account but after 9/11 they threw
me out).

brian_z

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "Tomasz Janeczko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Herman,
>
> That is certainly true for regular brokerage accounts.
> You may however daytrade using smaller accounts on stocks and
futures (via CFDs - contact for differences) and forex.
> Still doing it below $25K is very risky and CFDs are not allowed
for US citizens I think.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

let you day trade with less than US$25,000:

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/Universal/servlet/Registration_v2.f
ormSampleView?ad=day_trading_risk_disclosure.jsp

>   You will also have to fill in a questionnaire to obtain day
trading privileges...

>   Best regards,
>
>   herman
>

>   Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 7:15:27 PM, you wrote:
>

>   > Hello,
>

>   > Lots of misconception I can see.
>

>   > AmiBroker does have direct auto-trading interface to IB
http://www.amibroker.com/at/,

>   > and you should know about that Brian, considering the fact that
you

>   > are UKB contributor together with Herman,
>
>   > and Herman is just "using AB as a trading platform" and he is
doing daytrading.

>   > Plus IB has international coverage.
>

>   > A "t+3 clearance issue" is different story.
>
>   > It just for IB accounts that have less than $25000 funds,
>
>   > that is why it is non-issue for traders.
>

>   > If someone has less than $25K, better forget about daytrading.
>

>   > US IRA accounts are another story, but as I wrote Daniel, IRA-
style delayed clearance

>   > is on to-do list.
>

>   > Best regards,
>
>   > Tomasz Janeczko
>
>   > amibroker.com

PowerFactor)

> [...]
>
>   >> <danielwardadams@> wrote:
>

>   >>> I'm glad to see someone else mention the t+3 clearance issue.
>
>   >>> primarily trade in IRAs in which the use of margin isn't
allowed.

>   >>> Consequently, I always have to wait the 3 day settlement time
>
>   >> before
>
>   >>> my funds from a long sell (can't short in IRAs either) are
>
>   >> available
>
>   >>> to trade again. In "Cash" accounts and with the use of margin
this

>   >>> isn't an issue as the funds can be reused immediately.
>

>   >>> My principal use of AB is to backtest trading strategies and
there

>   >> is
>
>   >>> no way to take this settlement time into account during a
backtest.

>   >>> Sometime ago (a year maybe) after I brought this to Tomasz's
>
>   >>> attention, he said he thought adding this settlement time lag
>
>   >> the
>
>   >>> backtester would be a good thing and thought it might give AB
>
>   >>> competitive edge since to his knowledge no other backtesting
>
>   >> software
>
>   >>> handled it either.
>

>   >>> At the time, I told him I always just attempted to achieve
maximum

>   >>> total returns in my backtests knowing full well I could never
>
>   >> achieve
>
>   >>> them because I will always have a portion of my portfolio
>
>   >> unavailable
>
>   >>> for trading.
>

>   >>> To my knowledge this issue has never been addressed and I
don't

>   >> know
>
>   >>> where it fits in the priority of enhancements (?).
>

>   >>> Dan
>

>   >>> Note: I dont think the Broker Feed => Medved QT => Amibroker
>
>   >> solution
>
>   >>> to genericizing the plugin issue is a bad idea either.
>

>   >>> --------------------------------------------------------------
------

>   >> -
>
>   >>> Re your point on scalping.
>

>   >>> > There are people who are doing scalping in an IB--->QT
>
>   >> environment.
>
>   >>> >I am
>
>   >>> > guessing they are not suffering any substantial efficiency
losses

>   >>> as they
>
>   >>> > are quite successful.
>

>   >>> Possibly I am mis-understanding something about the way the
funds

>   >>> from intraday trades are cleared but if I have take 1% on an
>
>   >> intraday
>
>   >>> trade and then have to wait t+3 for the funds to be available
>
>   >> haven't
>
>   >>> I reduced my returns to 1%/3?
>

>   >>> If that isn't the case (I don't have to wait 3 days to put
the

>   >> closed
>
>   >>> intraday trade funds back to work) then I would love to go to
IB

>   >>> (based on the number of others who use it and the body of
published

>   >>> work that will help me make the transition to AT).
>

>   >>> brian_z
>

>   >>> --- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@>
wrote:

>   >>> >

>   >>> > Rakesh,
>
>   >>> >

>   >>> > I am with you on everything there (happy to pay for ad free
>
>   >>> > enviornment etc).
>
>   >>> >

>   >>> > As per your previous comment:
>
>   >>> >

>   >>> > > > > A solution that covers Broker Feed---->MedVed QT------
->

>   >>> > >>AmiBroker
>
>   >>> > > > can cover
>
>   >>> > > > > the needs of a large portion of the universe of AB
clients.

>   >>> >

>   >>> > Re your point on scalping.
>
>   >>> >

>   >>> > > There are people who are doing scalping in an IB--->QT
>
>   >>> environment.
>
>   >>> > >I am
>
>   >>> > > guessing they are not suffering any substantial
efficiency

>   >> losses
>
>   >>> > as they
>
>   >>> > > are quite successful.
>
>   >>> >

>   >>> > Possibly I am mis-understanding something about the way the
funds

>   >>> > from intraday trades are cleared but if I have take 1% on
an

>   >>> intraday
>
>   >>> > trade and then have to wait t+3 for the funds to be
available

>   >>> haven't
>
>   >>> > I reduced my returns to 1%/3?
>
>   >>> >

>   >>> > If that isn't the case (I don't have to wait 3 days to put
the

>   >>> closed
>
>   >>> > intraday trade funds back to work) then I would love to go
to IB

>   >>> > (based on the number of others who use it and the body of
>
>   >> published
>
>   >>> > work that will help me make the transition to AT).
>
>   >>> >

>   >>> > brian_z
>
>   >>> >

>   >>> >

>   >> Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

>   >> To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
>
>   >> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>

>   >> For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: