Thanks Herman,

I've isolated it to another variable, unrelated to your code. The system
failed to send an order to IBController due to the number of shares variable
doing something stupid.

My whole system is going awry today. It's sending orders when the buy signal
is not triggered. Very wierd. And it's sending multple orders, even though
there is a valid OrderID and a valid "if OrderID == "".

Very strange indeed!

Adrian