> Clearly you did not read the manual

Why not?
I do understand the algo of peak/trough in WL.
It simply searches for min/max before a reversal.
Obviously, if the reversal did not happen yet, then the peak/trough
is not registered and the previous peak/trough is reported.
This lag is natural and perfectly makes sense to me.
And it works well when drawing trendlines, since trendlines
should take into account historical data (have some lag).
I read advices on the Web not to take the most recent data when
drawing trendlines.
And, of course, never look into the future,
which means that the result should be the same,
no matter whether the current bar is the last in the dataset
or not.

You are saying that AB zigzag can be used only for pattern
recognition and not for trading, but what is the purpose of
developing a pattern recognition script, which could not be used
for real trading or verified using backtesting?

This is my understanding.

However, I am new to technical analysis,
so, please, correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you
John