Hello,

1. ReadyBoost is method to speed up windows _BOOT_ time only. Nothing more. You
will notice the difference only if you restart Windows often.

2. RAM disk does not deliver any speedup compared to properly configured
AmiBroker.
With properly configured AmiBroker I mean using appropriate in-memory cache.
AmiBroker's own cache is faster than ram-disk because in-memory cache keeps
data
directly accessible by AFL. Data on disk (even on ram disk) need actual file
read operation (copying between buffers). It must go to file system buffer then
it
gets copied to application supplied buffer. This is at least one level of
indirection slower than AB's own cache.

Also people often think in 1990-way when files were files on disk and calling
file read actually meant moving hard drive heads over certain zone of hard disk
and so on. Nowadays, Windows is doing enormous amounts of
caching/prefetching/read ahead/lazy write on its own and often if you issue
file system call hard disk
drive head does not even need to move because it is all in RAM already. For
example AmiBroker reads files with sequential reading flag turned on. This
informs
windows to read-ahead more data (in anticipation that more data will be read
soon after). So subsequent file read calls are very likely to read data from
RAM
already because it was read-ahead earlier.

There are dozens of such mechanisms in Windows itself and in AB, making ramdisk
completely obsolete.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com