Hi,

IMO, before to format, save your My documents files ( it's another name under Vista, the file containing all your personnal documents), save your bookmarks ( IE or Firefox), save your Outlook settings (address book contacts, settings accounts) Emails as well if needed, but they are on ISP's server. Save the other application files such as AB, into c:\Program Files. Your formulas, your databases, etc. are there.

Then format the disk, and start from scratch, install vista. Don't forget the drivers.

Install all your applications. Printer and gadgets...

Restore your My documents, and AB formulas, AB databases.

You can do a todolist of the actions before to start. You update this document as and when you did it. Next install you update your technical notes, the order to proceed, the things forgotten. It's a good way to never miss a step.

When everything is running fine for a while, you know what is worth to backup from time to time. :)

Best regards