Tomasz,

I also use and see value in the Max DD, however, I believe it is should only be
a "secondary" measure.

Think of a 10 year backtest.  System X has 1 drawdown of 30% (max), and many
small drawdown never exceeding 5%.   System Y has 1 drawdown of 25% (max), and
10+ other drawdowns between 20 and 23%.

Which system is more "stable"?  I will invest risk capital in System X, which
has the higher max drawdown, but much fewer drawdowns of depth.

I would love to have a measure of drawdown that more directly and intuitively
measures the depth and frequency of drawdowns per unit of time.   Correlation
of the equity curve also gets at that point.

Regarding the Omega, I am relying on a friend who studied both the advanced
math and models and uncover significant concerns with the Omega (I seem to
recall in was bias issues around skewness and kurtosis, but I might be wrong),
however it was unpublished work for hedge funds.  He also developed a
proprietary alternative.  Sorry I can't be more helpful on that one.

Kind Regards,
Scott