Packing is everything. I have sympathy for those out there who moan about FedX or UPS.

Let's move on.

Dave, W3ST
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Wilhite" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Photos of Damaged Mod Iron

I sure hope Gary is able to pop the people who did this. Fedex is getting almost as bad as UPS in package handling. Hopefully they will pay for damages better.

I sent a transformer to Gary over a year ago. It was a small thing with 1150 V. CT. @ 150 ma. Probably weighted about 5 lbs. It came back to me packed like it weighed 25 lbs. As a side, the transformer looked better than new. It performs as specified and I definitely recommend his work.

Jim/W5JO

Here's the link for the thread on AMfone with the transformer pics
posted. I know some of them make it look like a cereal box was used,
but it really was good, thick, double cardboard boxing. They just
totally destroyed it to the point it looks like paper. You can
actually see the double thickness in some places with the inside shot.

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php/topic,11848.msg86399.html#msg86399