Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:50 PM
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] Photos of Damaged Mod Iron

I disagree.  The package was only 40 pounds and the packing looked more than
adequate.  It was double boxed with solid foam between the two boxes and
between the transformer and the inner box.  It was bolted to a sturdy piece
of wood that would allow for no movement inside the box, which was shattered
from the abuse.  The way this package was treated it would have been damaged
if it had been in a solid wooden box.  I've done business with Gary and his
packing is excellent.  I received a transformer back from him a few months
ago that weighed in the 20 pound range and it was packed the same as this
one and made it without a scratch.  The shipper is at fault here, no doubt
about it.

Rick/K5IAR

You call that packing!  No wonder it got damaged with all that inertia
inside the box.  Shame on you for accusing the carrier.

It should have gone inside a wooden crate.  Next time, if there is a next
time ...

Dave, W3ST

----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd, KA1KAQ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>