Somehow, I've managed to hang on to the HQ110A/VHF that my folks gave me for
Christmas in 1968.

It needs a good alignment job, and will hopefully have that soon. Then, it
will be paired with a DX60.

Anyone remember the Lafayette HA500? I almost settled for that one, but
chose the HQ110A/VHF because it covered both 160 and 2 meters.

I also have a recently acquired HQ170 that needs a thorough going through,
as it only likes to work on 80 meters.

In my earlier days, I started with a borrowed S120. That one is still with
its original owner, who had no idea what he was starting when he loaned it
to an 11-year-old for the summer back in 1966.

For Christmas that year I received a Zenith, the model number of which
escapes me, but it had a slide rule dial and band spread much like the S120,
and drifted like an S40 on the higher bands.

For brief periods I also used an RME4350A, a BC348Q, an SX62A, and an NC300.

I also operated the station of a friend several times when he was using one
of the "HBR" series of receivers that his dad had built from QST. His dad
still has it, and it still works great.

Mike Duke, K5XU