From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Jesse Morris
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2009 9:16 PM
To: Danny Stone
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Alliance U-100/110 & Gemini O-360 Alternatives

Hi Danny,

Besides the U-100 and U-110 units I have not found anything similar. I have
been using the Gemini Orbit 360 here for elevation with a home brew
controller and have had good service from it.  The pot failed in my first
one after a couple of years of extensive use and I never could get a
replacement installed and working properly. The one I have up now has been
up in use for about 6 or 8 years. The pot is a little "scratchy" around zero

but it is still serviceable.  I still have one new spare and a used unit
that I'm unsure of. They appear on ebay from time to time but be aware that
there were some
units produced after all the initial units were gone that carried the same
model number but was not the same rotor. It looked much like the 3 wire
Radio Shack model and the mast did not pass through the unit.

Actually I've spent enough on the units I bought to buy a real Yaesu
elevation rotor but where's the fun in that?

God luck,

73 de Jess W4MVB