Nice idea Gregg.  We do a few near space balloons each year and I have been
bugging some other folks ( because I don't write code ) to consider 2
projects:

1 - rotator control in a moving vehicle to keep a small yagi such as an
Arrow pointed at the APRS signal.

2 - antenna parking based on data from a home WX station such as those
commonly beaconing on APRS systems.

I will copy the 3 of you, Marc, Andrew and Gregg off list with more details.