We managed 21 contacts in all...  one on each FM bird and the remainder on
the linear sats.  And all in spite of several visits from Mr. Murphy and his
extended family:

We ran N3FJP network logging for the first time, with MS NetMeeting as a
chat client, and either one of them was conflicting with SatPC32, or my poor
old Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop was just not up to the task.  Every so often
when I changed satellites, or changed CAT selections for a given satellite,
SatPC32 would throw an access violation error.  Seemed to keep working okay,
though.  Then I had an issue where the radio kept coming up in "Normal"
tracking mode, even when it should have be in "Reverse" tracking mode,
followed by 3 "serious error" blue screen reboots.  My rotor has a bad spot
on the azimuth position pot, so every once in a while, it would go zooming
off target and I'd have to go manual;  the mic boom broke off my headphones,
and of course, it wouldn't be Field Day in Chicagoland without severe
thunderstorms rolling thru at some point (Sunday morning - took us off the
air for about an hour and a half).

I was very impressed at how well AO-7 held up under the abuse she was
subjected to.  There were a couple of stations that had the poor old girl
FM'ing so bad you couldn't even understand them, and one CW station that
chirped so bad I swear they were keying an FM rig on the uplink!  AO-51 V/S
was a treat, and some observers couldn't believe how strong the downlink was
with just a corner reflector on the K5GNA downconverter.  Nice to have SO-67
back, too!

George, KA3HSW
(Satellite op for W9CCU, 5A, IL)