I ran a Google search this morning, and there is still no known cure for "operator error". So I resort to searching for more medicine on the list until a cure can be found. Please give generously until a cure can be found. :-)

Been on satellites for about five weeks now, and have managed to work a few contacts through SO-50, FO-29, AO-7, and VO-52. Have copied CW beacons from other birds including a few of the small Cubesats. The system
seems to be working well.

Some bugs had to be worked out along the way, including adjusting Doppler correction on SATPC32,
fixing an audio distortion problem, and desense in Mode J.

But despite my best efforts, I've yet to hear a single peep out of the International Space Station. Not just in voice modes, mind you, but I can't seem to find the digipeater signals, or anything else. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

So, here are my questions:

1.) My IC-910H is controlled by SATPC32 in "satellite mode". Simple enough. But when I make the ISS the "active satellite" it stays in V/U mode, and won't easily let me go into simplex mode to work the ISS voice circuits or FM repeater.

Is there a fix for this? How do other IC-910H owners deal with this issue?

2.) What frequency should I be looking for the packet signals on?

I don't have a TNC, but do have a Rigblaster USB Advantage sound card interface. I know it's possible to use this to monitor (and possibly transmit signals to the ISS) Is there a link to a web site explaining how to configure the software, etc. for beginners?

3.) How often is the ISS in FM repeater mode? Not often, I'm guessing. Anyone know why?

4.) Any other tips on working the ISS? It would be quite a thrill for me!

Please pardon the newbie questions. This list is great, and I really appreciate the help.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming for smart, capable operators, already in
progress.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light