Hey, wow, I just saw this :
http://amsn.sourceforge.net/userwiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
For sure it needs a lot of editing, but it's already good this way, it
shouldn't be that difficult to port it after all.
I just want to make a note, I see in the top of the page :
Frequently Asked Questions

Français - Swedish - Spanish (Incomplete) - Danish (Incomplete)

where Francais links to
http://amsn.sourceforge.net/userwiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions_French
Swedish to
http://amsn.sourceforge.net/userwiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions_Swedish
etc...
I would suggest you use mediawiki's internationalization support
instead... I think you only need to add in the end of the page something
like
{{fr}}
or something like that (refer to the manual, I don't know what it was
exactly), and you'd get a access to a french version of the text...

damn it.. I just tried on kakaroto.homelinux.net/wiki
it doesn't work!
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=SVN&action=edit
I can't understand what it is...
it seems {{ }} means you access a macro (a template), so if we do
{{howto}}
it will be replaced by Template:howto (in red), once we click on it, we
edit the 'template:howto' page with the content "[[Category:How To]]" then
the {{howto}} macro will be replaced on the fly by it scontent
([[Category:How to]] instead of the "Template:howto")
I found some other examples :
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:FAQ
Edit it and look at the end... you see the {{Lang:FAQ}} ? now look at the
last part of that link I gave...
then look here :
http://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Lang:FAQ

But I still don't know where the "In other languages" on the left panel
comes from!!!
Maybe it's a setting.. we'll have to look at that...
anyways, that's all for now, we're all happy to know we can have macros
(templates) with mediawiki! :)

KKRT

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:26:16 -0400, GrdScarabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

KaKaRoTo