Philippe Valembois - Phil wrote:
> Hi,
> please do not change anything about nick parsing....
> NWM, you should better implement the way nicks are handled in NewCL :
> we can have multicoloured nicks... I am currently using a modified
> version of aMSNPlus handling that and raw_nick is used to keep two
> versions of the parsed nick : the one with a list that is displayed
> in the NewCL and the one that is displayed everywhere...

whoops, very sorry, for changing that, then, revert it back witha new
commit.

Btw I don't think the Event NickArray (I don't see anything else, correct me
if I'm wrong :)) is the way to go for plugins; at least not the only. I
mean, passing an _array_ to the event trigger? This means the trigger will
have to cycle _again_ over the array (the cycle have been already done) and
this means slowing it down; I would rather add another event, say, CLNick or
whatever you want it to sound like called right within the loop.

Please notice this is very useful for the internals too

In my project I had to cicle several times over the same array; I better
created a class overriding the check/modify methods; this mean looping only
once! You can do the same using your Event system :), so every time the
nicks are updated, the parser (or whatever) are called ^_^

HTH
bye