I don't remember who mentioned it, but it would be nice to have one line
in the CW showing FT progress (maybe make the filename clickable so
clicking it would open the file?), and have a way to click it and open the
FT manager in case a user is downloading many files at once... However,
the information we show is: filename, user, progress, open file, and open
directory. The user is the CW user, filename and progress are shown,
clicking the filename would open the file, and I think "open directory"
is not used that much so it can be accessible with right-click. So, I
still wonder whether it's worth implementing a FT manager or too few
people will need it...

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Youness Alaoui wrote:

> I didn't understand what you meant :p
> but the 'do not show this dialog anymore', I don't like.. I prefer the
> setting of show always, show background,
> never...
> and the hide/cancel.. you wouldn't 'hide' a download, in a download manager,
> you remove a download once
> finished, if you remove it while transfering it's a cancel. The buttons
> should apply to the downloads, if you
> want to hide/close the download manager, you would simply close its tab like
> any other chat window...
>

> KKRT
>

> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 08:11:52PM +0200, NoWhereMan wrote:
> > Youness Alaoui wrote:
> > > ok, so for your taste, you would get the FT manager the first time
> > > you get a file transfer, then you will click on it's 'settings'
> > > button and choose 'do not show when a file transfer is started', then
> > > you would only get the infobar, and no manager...
> > > makes sense ?
> >
> > instead of a "settings" button a(nother) checkbox (under current "close on
> > complete") with
> >
> > [   ] "do not show this dialog anymore. (you can still re-enable it from
> > preferences window)"
> > (or, as always, something along the lines)
> >
> > and dialog buttons may be:
> >
> > [ Hide ] [ Cancel ]
> >
> > Where [ Hide ] may change to [ Close ] when the transfer
> > has finished and  [ Cancel ] would be grayed... or something like that... :)
> >
> > HTH

---

"Where is the life that we have lost in living?
 Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?
 Where is the knowledge that we have lost in information?"

OEO;