Michaelj@LTI wrote:

> I'm running RedHat Linux 7.0 and analog.4-11 for multiple domains.
> The problem I'm encountering is that the gzipped files for the access_logs
> aren't getting read into the reports.
>
> I've tried /bin/gzip -cd, gzip -cd, "/bin/gzip -cd" and so on. Nothing.

Nothing meaning these don't work in your shell or they don't work in Analog?

> I checked to see if it was because of the file naming structure during a
> logrotate, domain-access_log.1.gz and so on.
> So, I added:
> UNCOMPRESS *.*.gz, *.Z /bin/gzip -cd

There shouldn't' be any space between "," and "*.Z". Analog probably
told you "too many options for common UNCOMPRESS."

> I have clients that really want to see the entire years worth of logs in
> their reports. (I'm also using ReportMagic as the graphical display).
>
> But when the logs are getting to be in excess of 100 MEGs or more, it really
> is slowing down both applications.

Rotating and gzipping won't change the speed much. Try using Analog's
cache file feature for speed improvement. See docs/cache.html.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group