On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Mike Warwick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I can determine, the number of requests and number of bytes listed
> in my site's User report do not include any graphic files.  It seems that
> only pages are being counted.  (It's like 31 requests when it should be at
> least 500.)
>
> I do have search arguments after the graphic files (to get them to load from
> the server instead of from the client cache), but I am using "ARGSEXCLUDE
> *", so that shouldn't be an issue.  Moreover, I tried setting "PAGEINCLUDE
> *.jpg" to see if only pages were being included in those column counts, but
> that didn't raise the numbers at all.
>
> Can you think of anything particular about the way those columns are counted
> that would exclude .jpg files with search arguments from being included?
> Looking at the log file, the status code is definitely 200 for the images,
> so it not a status code discrepancy.

If the column is labelled "reqs" it counts all requests, whereas if it is
labelled "pages" it only counts pages.

If you can't figure it out, it might be helpful to run "analog --settings"
to see what analog thinks it's meant to be doing.

--
Stephen Turner               http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge, CB3 0WB, England