Roy Iversen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> Situation: We're currently hosting a news-service for a client on
> IIS5.0, and they now require better statistics.

> -The site produces one log file each day, which is about 400-500 megs in
> size.
> -The client would like to see statistics for the past 6 months.

> This would make up something like 82 GB of logs which needs to be
> analyzed each week, preferably each night, to produce the report. Of
> course this is almost an impossible task.

> I'm new to Analog, so I hope there is something I've missed, because I
> really like Analog + ReportMagic. But unfortunately it seems to fit only
> for small sites.

> Any ideas ?

Start with cache files: http://www.analog.cx/docs/cache.html.

After you get that working, if you still have issue with memory, look
at the *LOWMEM commands: http://www.analog.cx/docs/lowmem.html.

If that doesn't help, try adding more memory (it's cheap) or consider
breaking up reports (e.g. only offer monthly reports, or only look at
subsections of the data).

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group