Elfring, Markus ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Wednesday, October 30, 2002 8:28 AM):

> Thanks for this important information. When will it be added to the
> documentation?

http://analog.cx/docs/syntax.html#settings

"instead of running normally, analog will just tell you what the
values of all the variables will be,"

> - I expected that the settings should be displayed as an additional report
> and should not switch off the others.

It's designed as a debugging aid. A "dry run" of sorts, so you can see
what it would do but not have it affect anything until you are
satisfied with the results. It also allows you to get the settings
report much faster, as you noticed.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group