Rick Root ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Thursday, October 31, 2002 10:19 AM):

> I just installed the latest version of Analog on my RedHat Linux 7.2 server.

> I can't for the life of me figure out how to use it.  I've edited the
> analog.cfg but when I run it from the command line, it seems to be
> completely ignoring anything that's in there.

> Almost as if it's not reading the config file.

> Are there command line options or something that I'm missing?   I've
> looked in the FAQ and in the documentation.. maybe I'm just not seeing
> it, and if so I apologize, but I definately need some help.

> Here is my analog.cfg

> UNCOMPRESS *.gz,*.Z  /usr/bin/zcat
> LOGFILE access200209.log.gz
> OUTFILE ../www/reports/report200209.html
> HOSTNAME "Wake Internet"
> IMAGEDIR /analog/images/

> It is in the current directory where I am trying to run analog.  I've
> also made changes to the analog.cfg that is in the directory where I
> installed analog (/usr/local/analog).. Neither of them seem to have
> any effect.

Analog usually reads the analog.cfg file located in the directory
where analog resides. This can be changed in the anlghead.h file
before you compile it. If you are not sure use "analog -settings" to
have it tell you what files it is reading.

When you run it it should right a report.html file that has an updated
report. At least you can see if the modified date changes when you
run.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group