Again, let me point you to PureSecure, http://www.demarc.com/. It does
intrusion detection, system monitoring, etc.

Analog is also useful for that, but not so much as a monitoring tool.
If you do find something suspicious, you can use Analog to drill
through the logs, isolating hosts (HOSTINCLUDE), periods (FROM/TO) and
files (FILEINCLUDE) until you get the reports you need. This is a
multi-step process.

Of course you can get basic details from Analog: a large amount of
traffic in a short time in the Hourly, Quarter-Hourly or Five-Minute
reports; a host that is more active than others; repeated failed
attempts to access secured areas of your site; etc.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group

Sibi John ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Friday, November 01, 2002 11:51 AM):