This is my approach to calculate how many pages a "user"is visiting.

Let's start with the host report.
You can calculate per day how many hosts access to your site and then change the host floor to see how many get one, two pages...
I calculate this by day so I skip as many as duplicated hosts as possible (you can calcute a ratio of duplicated hosts per day...)

You can calculate this information in several days so you can have a nice ratio of hosts...
If your numbers are "normal" you will be able to calculate an average of "hosts" and then hosts that get one page, two pages, three or more...

Now, here is the trick
Let's say you have 100 different hosts per day.
Let's say 90% of this hosts request less than two pages.
You can tell with some confident than 90% of your users are getting less than 2 pages.

I know is not a 100% percent method, but is pretty decent and I think is more importante the tendency than the absolute numbers.

I know the marketing tricks are not the solution, but you need to do something.

Hope the sharing helps.
Cesar.

Well, first I wonder how you determine this, given that (a) most web
servers' logs provide no state information and (b) Analog does
calculate session or "path" with or without state data.