Hi all,

I know this is a subject that has been discussed in some details
previously, I have looked through the archives and found lots of useful
information, some of which does appear to have helped with my problem.

I note however that for many people who are reporting memory usage
problems they are dealing with much larger log files than I am, and that
their efforts are actually failing due to 'not enough memory'

I am currently analysing logs varying in size, but most recently of
around 350,000 entries.

My system has 1Gb of RAM, which should, I think, be adequate.

Analog does complete okay, and eventually I am getting the results I
require - so the amount of memory being used is not my key problem at
the moment.

However, the memory analog uses at run time does not seem to be freed
after usage - I have just processed a logfile of around 100MB and
350,000 entries. I now have only 28mb of free memory, and around 1Gb
used.

This then obviously has a knock on effect on any subsequent runs and the
other functions of the server.

Any pointers or suggestions you can give me to help pinpoint the cause
of, and remedy the issues I'm seeing would be gratefully received.

Regards
Lee
--
Lee Evans