On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, John G Doke wrote:

> I believe I have the log format correctly and for a month I will get 6 or
> 7 of these errors..  What I don't get is that the reported log format is
> different than the format I specified..  Or is it trying to tell me what
> the format of the file really is???  All the lines in the file look
> correct.....
>
> While running analog:
> analog: Warning L: Large number of corrupt lines in logfile
>   C:\logs\G2004-03-27_05-00-28_to_2004-03-27_06-00-04.nlf: turn
>   debugging on or try different LOGFORMAT
>     Current logfile format:
>       %U\t%c\t%S\t%j\t%j\t%r\t\t\t%j\n
> >From analog.cfg:
> LOGFORMAT  (%U\t%c\t%s\t%j\t%f\t%r\t\t\t%B)

It's telling you what it translated the log format to internally. You didn't
want any data on referrers or browsers, so it changed them to %j and then
didn't bother to read them.

I think your problem is that you left out a couple of fields near the end.
After the request field you need the query string, otherwise any lines with
something in that field will be corrupt. After that comes the cookies --
maybe it's always blank in this logfile, but we might as well put it in for
completeness. So the whole log format should look like this:

LOGFORMAT %U\t%c\t%S\t%j\t%f\t%r\t%q\t%u\t%B

(Astute readers will be wondering how I managed to deduce the format of
fields that didn't appear in John's sample. That's because I'm already
familiar with .nlf files: they're produced by ClickTracks).

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
  "Low Priced Cambridge Clare College. Big selection at eBay UK!"