On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Michael D. Crawford wrote:

> Is there a way to tell how many visitors fetch all of a given set of pages?
>
> I have several articles that are quite long, and are split up into a
> dozen or so separate HTML files.  I think many people reading them may
> only be reading one or two of the pages.  Is there a way to tell how
> many people fetched all of them?

No, because there is no attempt to try and match up several requests from
one user, because it's impossible to be sure whether two requests were from
the same user or not.

Of course, if people normally read the article in order, it might be good
enough to see how many people reach the last page.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
  "Low Priced Cambridge Clare College. Big selection at eBay UK!"