Support for analog web log analyzer wrote:
At 08:43 11/07/2005, Chris Sharman wrote about FILEALIAS:
You haven't actually quoted my contribution, which was:
"filealias /default.aspx?* /*"

My problem seems to be interference between file aliases.

I currently have two aliases for my Request Report, namely:
FILEALIAS /default.aspx?Page.Aspx* /page.aspx*
FILEALIAS page57.Aspx* /page57.aspx*

This sorts out most of my problems, but leaves me with a set where I would like to remove the default.aspx? so that these will combine with those listings without the default.aspx? However whenever I try that, it interferes with the above aliases.

/default.aspx?Page50.Aspx?Page=50
/default.aspx?Page51.Aspx?page=51
/default.aspx?Page59.Aspx?Genus=Rhododendron
/default.aspx?Page57.Aspx?Code=1045
/default.aspx?Page53.Aspx?Group=Devon

Can anyone see a way round this?

These look like bad urls - the second ? should be & or similar.
It's not entirely clear exactly what you're trying to achieve, but I'd strongly recommend reading the relevant bits of the very fine docs. Filealias allows multiple wildcards, regular expressions, etc and almost certainly does what you want, but it doesn't work iteratively.

The other odd thing is that I have CASE INSENSITIVE in the cfg file but it doesn't seem to work (which probably means I don't understand what it is meant to do) i.e. for example, I am surprised that I have to have the second alias above, but without it the data for page57.Aspx?Code=100 does not combine with page57.aspx?Code=100.

Again - read the docs.

If you're going to misquote me, please make sure you misquote me correctly ;-)

Chris