2009/2/20 Iain Hunneybell <i...@ipmarketing.co.uk>:
> I am trying to analyse pages from a large 'portal' site and am having real
> problems with page counts and all attempts with PAGEINCLUDE, TYPE and
> FILEALIAS and other experiements fail.
>
> The site generates URLs similar to:
> /bdotg/action/home?r.l1=1078549133&r.lc=en&r.s=m
>
> It seems to be the period in the input vars that's causing the problem as
> the File Type report then lists things like:
>
> reqs    %reqs   Gbytes  %bytes  extension
> 7277    0.08%   0.18    0.32%   .s=tl"
> 12683   0.15%   0.11    0.20%
> .t=CAMPAIGN&furlname=selfassessment&furlparam=selfassessment"
> 4485    0.05%   0.11    0.20%   .s=m"
>
> Note the very low percentages as this is in effect counting page by page as
> a different file type.

I'm not seeing this. I just tried this experiment and I see this file
listed as [no extension] which is correct. What do they look like in
your raw logfiles? For example, is the question mark encoded as %3F,
which would be a literal question mark instead of an argument
separator?

> So I've tried things like:
>
> PAGEINCLUDE *.s*
> PAGEINCLUDE *.t*
>
> (with and without the trailing *).
>
> I've also tried patterns like:
>
> PAGEINCLUDE /home
>
> But all attempts fail.

PAGEINCLUDE /bdotg/action/home

works for me. But if my hypothesis above is correct, you might need

PAGEINCLUDE /bdotg/action/home*

The PAGEINCLUDE has nothing to do with the file types by the way
(although it's typically used that way). You can make any single file
into a "page".

--
Stephen Turner

--