You should definitely try to test on a real device before that.

The emulator will never give you more than an approximate experience with
regards to physical user experience (e.g. touch screen, track ball,
keyboard,
etc...)

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:41 AM, ayush <ayushv2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> a few more thoughts in favour of actual on-device testing rather than
> just emulators:
>
> 1) what happens to ur game when it is interrupted by an incoming
> call / SMS?
> 2) the touch events in the emulator are triggered by mouse-clicks.
> however on the device the user will use his fingers ... finger touches
> have far lower precision than mouse-clicks
> 3) the performance of ur code could be much slower on the device than
> on the emulator. u'll need to optimize accordingly

Absolutely !

> 4) the emulator has a (physical dimensions) larger screen. this does
> not give u a true picture of what the graphics appear on a real
> device. i'd say this is very important especially for a game

Again, that is true. Note however that there is a simple way to rescale the
emulator's window to fit the physical dimensions of a real device. Use the
following:

   emulator -scale 110dpi

If your physical monitor's real resolution is 110dpi (adjust accordingly).
This will resize the window so that the size of the emulated framebuffer
matches the physical size of a real device, which will give you a good idea
of how large/small your buttons and views will appear to a normal user.

You can also do that dynamically through the console with the "window scale"
command  (see "help window scale" for details).

Hope this helps