Well, it might have been something wrong with the maps.jar.
I created a new project from scratch and discovered that maps.jar in
the sdk version i'm using is very buggy and a lot smaller than in the
previous version.

For instance, i was unable to compile my maps class when i created an
instance of the GeoPoint class.

Anyway, the buggy version of the maps.jar is in the sdk 1.5_r2. I'm
now using the maps.jar found in the sdk 1.5_r1 and everything works
smoothly :)