After lot of searching, I tried the adb binary posted on this site.

http://www.samsungmomentforum.com/samsung-moment-rooting/getting-adb-to-recgonize-moment-under-ubuntu-karmic/?PHPSESSID=31f89574f5ccc1c57cf5cdc2e9591785

And with this binary I am able to detect the Samsung device under adb
devices.

Is there any issue with the adb that I need to update?

Regards,
UE