   MM> Jake Colman wrote:

   >> I'm sure that I'm doing something obviously wrong but I cannot
   >> figure it out.
   >>
   >> I am using a Android 1.6 emulator with the Google API.  No matter
   >> what I try the emulator cannot determine its location.  Both the
   >> browser and the Maps application both say that the location is
   >> unavailable.
   >>
   >> The emulator is configured with GPS.  I used DDMS to send GPS
   >> coordinates.  I wrote a small GPS application that displays the
   >> current location whenever the location changes.  The application
   >> confirms for me that when I send new coordinates via DDMS that the
   >> emulator sees the change.  So why can't the browser or Maps figure
   >> out where I am?

   MM> You did not indicate the order in which you tried things. You
   MM> need to open "the browser or Maps", then send the fix, not the
   MM> other way around.

Mark,

I started my application running in the emulator, went back to Home, and
started the Browser.  The Browser displayed "Location unavailable".  I
entered coordinates into DDMS, pressed 'send', and tried to update
location.  I still get "Location unavailable".

...Jake

--
Jake Colman | Director, Software Development
Principia Partners LLC