Have a look at this code from android developer guide page (http://
developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/binding.html)

SimpleCursorAdapter adapter2 = new SimpleCursorAdapter(this,
    android.R.layout.simple_spinner_item, // Use a template
                                          // that displays a
                                          // text view
    cur, // Give the cursor to the list adapter
    new String[] {People.NAME}, // Map the NAME column in the
                                         // people database to...
    new int[] {android.R.id.text1}); // The "text1" view defined in
                                     // the XML template

You need to map the data column in the database TO the text view u
defined in the main.XML or watever ui xml template.
As I can see in ur code, projection string arrays has two column name
"_id" and "label_strings". But ur int array "[]i" has the only one id
"int [] i = {R.id.myspinner}; "
I assume R.id.myspinner is the textview name. I m a beginner too, and
i will try this tutorial myself and get back to u.