ok...Let me tell you what i wanted to do....I have a local file that
has information about all the contacts on the phone. And my
application uses this local file and not the phone book data
directly....

So I wanted that, whenever a new contact is added or an old one is
deleted, I should run a program that would update this local file .
But this seems to be impossible right now if there's no intent for
this. I will have to do a check for changes in the phone book and
update my local file, everytime my application starts....Thats a bit
of overhead on my app....and will also affect the startup time...